General Terms and Conditions of the Contract between the Tenant and the Landlord
From the time of the initial payment, the rights and obligations arising from the contract and these terms and conditions become effective for both the tenant and the landlord, who may also be the key holder.
22 Estates Ltd.
CH – 9443 Widnau
Bank: UBS AG
Unless otherwise stated, the invoice price includes the named rental property for the agreed rental period, including the property itself, its inventory, and associated land. The rental price includes two towels per person and one set of bed linen per person. Additional cleaning, extra towels, and goods consumed by the tenant are not included.
- Up to 30 days before rental starts: 20% of the rental price
- 7 to 29 days before rental starts: 60% of the rental price
- 1 to 6 days before rental starts and on the day of arrival: 100% of the rental price
The decisive factor is the time of receipt of the cancellation notice by the owner. The following working day applies if this falls on a Sunday or public holiday. Cancellations must be made in writing, e.g., by email, and are only considered valid after a confirmation of receipt.
Cancellation Due to Changes in the Security Situation
In the event of a detrimental change in the security situation in Istria/Croatia, after booking that makes arrival impossible, there is the possibility of a free cancellation. The comparison of the security situation at the time of booking and on the day of arrival, based on the information from the Foreign Office, is decisive. For example for tenants with a German residence, we refer to the information here: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/de/aussenpolitik/laender/kroatien-node/kroatiensicherheit/210072
The property descriptions and price calculations have been made with care. Nevertheless, performance and/or price changes cannot be excluded. The information on the reservation confirmation is valid. Significant changes to a major contract point after the conclusion of the contract are unlikely but cannot be completely ruled out. In such a case, the tenant can withdraw from the contract free of charge within five days of receiving the notice. Payments already made will be refunded.
Taking out travel insurance for the duration of the stay is recommended. Arrival must occur between 4:00 PM and 6:00 PM on the day of arrival and departure before 10:00 AM on the day of departure, as per the information in the travel documents. The owner must be informed in good time if the tenant plans to arrive after 7:00 PM. The owner is not responsible for any delays of the tenant. Early arrivals or departures later than agreed cannot be accommodated for organisational reasons.
Other arrangements require a written agreement. This also applies to an early departure. If you desire an extension or an early departure, discuss this with the key holder as soon as possible.
Further Obligations of the Tenant
- The rental property must be used carefully.
- Respect for neighbours, including adhering to the legal night-time peace in Croatia from 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM, is required. In case of violation of the night-time peace and corresponding complaints, the landlord has the right to terminate the rental contract immediately, without any refund to the tenant.
- Cleaning of kitchen equipment, dishes, and cutlery is the tenant’s responsibility and is not included in the final cleaning. The property must be left broom-clean.
- If the tenant or co-users cause any damage, it must be reported to the key holder immediately. The tenant is liable for all damages unless they can prove their innocence. Damages can be deducted from the deposit. The additional cost will be invoiced if the damage exceeds the deposit amount.
- The rental property may only be occupied by the agreed number of people, regardless of age. Additional persons can be rejected or charged separately by the key holder. Pets are allowed only with prior approval.
- All ancillary costs for usual consumption during the stay are included in the rental price. Unusual consumption, such as charging electric cars or running the air conditioning in the absence, may be charged additionally. A prerequisite for the handover of keys is the full payment of the rental price and a cash deposit for possible damages. The keyholder may waive the receipt of the deposit if circumstances allow.
Liability of the Owner
If the rental property is not in accordance with the contract, the owner will endeavour to provide an equivalent replacement property. It is considered non-conforming if the booked property differs from the property encountered or if parts of the property are non-functional. If an appropriate solution is not possible within a reasonable time, the owner will reimburse any reduced value, provided the owner is at fault. The owner is liable for damages caused by his culpable breach of contract. For personal and property damage, the tenant is solely responsible. International agreements and national laws with more extensive liability limitations or exclusions take precedence.
The owner is not liable for:
- Actions or omissions by the tenant or co-users
- Unforeseeable or unavoidable failures by third parties not involved in the performance of the contract
- Force majeure or events that could not be foreseen or prevented despite all due diligence
- Use of swimming pools, grills, and other facilities
- Damages and losses due to burglary
- Liability for auxiliary persons is expressly excluded. International agreements and national laws with more extensive liability limitations or exclusions take precedence.
The owner is entitled to terminate the contract before or during the rental period if unforeseeable or unavoidable circumstances make the handover of the rental property impossible, endanger the tenants or the property, or impair the performance of services to such an extent that the execution of the contract becomes unreasonable. Payments already made will be refunded, possibly less any services already provided.
Claims for damages against the owner expire within one year from the day following the end of the rental period, notwithstanding contractual claims.
The applicable law and the jurisdiction are determined by law and international agreements. As far as a choice of law is possible, the parties agree on Swiss law as applicable.
22 Estates Ltd., Valid from the 1st of January 2024
DATA PROTECTION (Organic Law 15/1999 of 13th December )
In compliance with the Organic Law 15/1999 of 13th December, on Protection of Personal Data (“LOPD”), we inform that, through the completion of forms, your personal details will be incorporated and held in the company files, with the purpose of being able to offer and provide you with our services. In addition, we inform you of the possibility to exercise the right of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition with regard to your personal data, the company being responsible for the file.